PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 starts, idles rough then dies. HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 starts, idles rough then dies. HELP!!!

I am so frustrated with this I so hope someone can help. I have an 02' WS6, LS1. Last year the car died on me at the parts store, I managed to get it to fire and drive it home. I assumed it was the fuel pump. So I finally got around to changing the fuel pump. Once changed the car will fire but won't stay running for more than a few seconds then dies. I had the guy from THE PUMP HOUSE come out and check the pump, it was bad so we changed it again. Still no change. I ran a scanner on it & TPS came up, so I changed it. Still Nothing. I changed the IAC today, no change. If I unplug the IAC it will fire up better than if it's plugged in. If the IAC is plugged in it won't start at all. I bypassed the VATS, still nothing.
Does anyone have any idea if its an ingnition problem, an air vacuum problem or a PCM issue or something else. Please any suggestions?
Old 09-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Do you have any active codes? Waht are your mods if any at all.

any poor drivability symptoms before the poor/no run issue?

Chris
Old 09-01-2013, 07:44 PM

The security light stays on all the time. No codes showing since changing the TPS. When I drove the car before it would occasionally, not always, bogg down real bad when shifting into second, so I put a high performance clutch in it. That didn't fix the bogg down tho. I haven't made any mods other than that, I bought it used from a dealership so I don't know if the folks before me did any mods. I did a tune up and put high performance plugs & wires in it, always use premium grade fuel. I have never had any major issues out of it until now.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 PM

i was mistaken, it wasn't a bogg down when shifting from 1st to 2nd, it was a major hesitation when the car was wet either from rain or a bath, in 1st gear take off.

Quick Reply: 2002 starts, idles rough then dies. HELP!!!