Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 wires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 wires?

So I am thinking of moving my coils to behind my engine on the firewall or down on the engine? Which place would be best? I am running up and forward headers that run danger close to my wires. Are LT1 plug wires what every one else is using to move their coils? I am running the truck coils.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most people cut wires to length and make their own since everyone has a different setup on where the relocated the coils.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Well you could use them as a starter kit for a DIY custom set, but I think you have to change the ends that go to optispark. The other thing is chances are all 8 are not going to be the correct length for a good set. You may get 5 or 6 good ones out of a set. So in the long run it may be cheaper to build a custom set from scratch .Either way custom or just buying the right ones from a vendor like Thunder Racing they are not cheap. I have written down somewhere , the wire lengths if you want me to look.

Quick Reply: LT1 wires?