Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AN fittings and braided lines question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AN fittings and braided lines question

Im getting rid of my old catch can and switching to a Morose setup, but this time I dont want to just use rubber hose, i want to use AN fittings and braided lines to dress it up a bit. I want to find a fitting that will fit over the stock valve cover nipple and then go to an AN male end, where i can then add the female and braided lines.

I tried searching, but i can figure out what to call it, or if it even exists.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moroso
80 Carter Drive
Guilford, CT 06437-2116
Phone: (203) 453-6571
Tech Line: (203) 458-0542

Should be a good place to start looking.

Chad
Old 09-11-2013, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I used these and they worked great. http://my-ssp-usa.com/Resource-Cente...t-Catalog.aspx
Old 09-11-2013, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

your gona be using a small line for that like -6 maybe 8. but I think its GZ makes a bigger -10 12 fitting that dose the 1/4 turn in place of the stock oil fill neck for there vacumpump kits.
I got a gen4 cover with the strait up nipple on the end, pulled it out and welded a -10 an to pull for my moroso vac pump. moroso stuff is really good but they dont make anything bolt on the VC. On your LS1 covers you could pull out the fitting (the nipples are just pressed into the valve covers. and thread the hole NPT, and put a 90* AN to NPT fitting like the stock 90* fitting.
You dont have to have it AN for the catch can, it has to seal but there no pressers really in the fitting. When people want to use better looking AN fitting and lines. but dont want to deal with pull the VC and welding or tapping it. You can just push the hose over the stock fitting and put some heat shrink tubing over the end to keep the nylon all nice. And not take the line off the VC, you could and re do the heat shrink tubing. It easier to just take the other end of the line off and keeo the hose on the VC when you pull it off the head,
hope this helps
Old 09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like i have an AN fitting that connects to my stock fuel line, then goes to an male AN fitting where i then put all the other fittings on to the Speed inc rails. I was wondering if there was something like that, but for the stock nipple on the valve cover?

Quick Reply: AN fittings and braided lines question