Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie ready to piss off some Ford lovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie ready to **** off some Ford lovers

What's up guys. I came across this forum as I was searching for some basic LS knowledge a couple months back and have continued to do research and creep around some other sites as well. I have not actively done much building, modding, swapping for about the past 12 years (since I got married, had kids and completely lost track of time, and my mind) and I'm SO pumped to be jumping back on board. I'm pretty in the dark on LS based engines besides what I've read so far so I will be reaching out for some help here from all of you knowledgable folks on here, and of course sharing what I learn along the way.

Soooo I've got an all fiberglass 72 Bronco "project" showing up in the next month here and although I was going to do the popular Ford Explorer 5.0L swap, I completely ditched that idea, got smart, and decided to run with an LS swap instead. I've already sourced a complete 5.3 from a 2000 silverado, and I'm in search of some 243/799 heads. I've decided to run a 4L60E behind it and use the Dana 20 t-case currently in the Bronco. I'll be scratching my head when it comes to motor mounts and headers that are gonna work so y'all are gonna be hearing from me quite a bit when I get this project rollin.

Thanks in advance for all of the help and thanks for an awesome forum!

Tony
Lowell, IN
Old 09-12-2013, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sounds like fun!! You have room in that engine bay for a turbo, right...

Maybe i'll see you around sometime, i'm up in Griffith and head that way once in a while.

Good luck!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

welcome to the site.

sounds like a nice set up that you will have, but why not go with a NP241C, it will have a lower gear than the dana 20 stock, plus if you plan on some offroading and need to have the trans rebuilt, upgrade the planetaries from the 4L70s. should be a nice bronco when you are done. take lots of pictures too.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98CamZ28
Sounds like fun!! You have room in that engine bay for a turbo, right...

Maybe i'll see you around sometime, i'm up in Griffith and head that way once in a while.

Good luck!!!
I'd LOVE to throw some boost at it! I need to get it together and run it for a while first though.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dvdswan
welcome to the site.

sounds like a nice set up that you will have, but why not go with a NP241C, it will have a lower gear than the dana 20 stock, plus if you plan on some offroading and need to have the trans rebuilt, upgrade the planetaries from the 4L70s. should be a nice bronco when you are done. take lots of pictures too.
Believe me, I'm gonna explore all the options I can before I make a final decision. I need to watch overall trans and case length since I don't have a real long rear drive shaft as it is, but I will certainly be checking out everything.

Building this mainly for trips to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan so it will see off road use.

Quick Reply: Newbie ready to piss off some Ford lovers