Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

HELP me understand this offset thing and WILL THIS WORK....?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default HELP me understand this offset thing and WILL THIS WORK....?

Better starting a new thread about this.....

I would like to maybe use the Cobra R wheel from OE Wheels on my Trans Am. 18 x 10".....widened to 11". Its just about the friggin perfect looking rim....to me.

Am I right about this offset thing. I need 3/4" - 1" spacers anyway so the tires don't rub the inner wheel wells, even after the BFH. Maybe the adapters will solve that issue and the offset issue.

Cobra wheels are 32/48. (Front/rear)
C5 Deep Dish are 52/54. (Front/rear)

So......the rear wheels are only 6mm difference. So wouldn't a 3/4" thick adapter counter some of that and move the wheel a little more outward, which is what I want because of the wider 11" rim on the inside of the rim...?

For the fronts.....wouldn't a 3/4" spacer make them just about the same position as the C5 rims would be...3/4" is close to 20mm....?

......OR....am I totally missing how this **** works......LOL.....

Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Imo, it would be so much easier to start with a wheels that don't need adapters to fit. I'd look for like some 18s with a 5 x 120 bolt pattern, then the fronts will bolt up with no adapters and the rears will only need 1" adapters if you start off the correct offset to begin with.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Imo, it would be so much easier to start with a wheels that don't need adapters to fit. I'd look for like some 18s with a 5 x 120 bolt pattern, then the fronts will bolt up with no adapters and the rears will only need 1" adapters if you start off the correct offset to begin with.
That's the problem......I'd really like to buy these rims.....they are seriously nice.

I just don't know if they will work and look proper if I use a 1" thick adapter for the rear and a 3/4" thick adapter for the front.

Can you tell if that will work with the offsets for those wheels?

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...l#.UjaJSsu9KSM

Quick Reply: HELP me understand this offset thing and WILL THIS WORK....?