Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

thank you Zone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thank you Zone!

Well I have been to the track 2 times stock 5.3 everything stock, rpm intake, summit 750 vac sec. th350 trans. 2800 converter. 4:10s 10bolt. 1/8th mile. best of 8.52 82mph. went home made a better tune more timing on top. tried 36 but dropped off bad, so went to 31. felt good. first time to track was locked at 28. next time at track. same thing and hooking good with 10psi in the radials. consistent 8.52-8.53. 81-82mph. was hoping this motor had a little more in it. but was still happy with the times. was going to up the jets because the plugs looked lean. Real Lean! well never got around to it. the little stock motor was running so good that i just ran it. Well at lunch today I read though zones new post about carbing an ls motor. I have done tons of research about this and never heard about it until today. RPM dual plane has a place to mount the msd box. Seems like a stupid idea to me. and is ugly. mine is mounted in the cab. well one of the mounting holes goes though the intake into the runner. i checked and guess what? freakin huge hole sucking vacuum! plugged it off after work and took out on the back roads. Oh baby this thing keeps getting faster!!!! Sorry for the long post but had to share. cant wait to get back to the track! Thanks again Zone. for how good the motor was running never would of thought it had 1/4 inch hole drilled though the intake sucking air!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey, I apologize for not making the sticky sooner. Would have been helping folks out a lot sooner! Let us know how she does next outing!

Quick Reply: thank you Zone!