Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

constant coolant to turbos?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default constant coolant to turbos?

What is the best way to plumb coolant to a TT setup so coolant will constantly flow through the turbos? I've had it from one heater core hose to a turbo, then across to the other turbo, then back to the remaining heater hose. This doesn't seem to be doing the job cooling off the turbos so I need advice! This is a 02 WS6 with turbos by transmission. TIA!

Last edited by WS6 GreeN; 09-21-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I have mine in the heater core circuit. Doesn't seem to have any issues. How are you measuring turbo temperature?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can tap the giant coolant plug on the back of the passenger side of the block. Then return the coolant to the front of the driver side block.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:08 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 GreeN
What is the best way to plumb coolant to a TT setup so coolant will constantly flow through the turbos? I've had it from one heater core hose to a turbo, then across to the other turbo, then back to the remaining heater hose. This doesn't seem to be doing the job cooling off the turbos so I need advice! This is a 02 WS6 with turbos by transmission. TIA!

running from one turbo to the other is a very bad idea.

You need to either find a different water source, or split them into each turbo and back to the rad/header.

Going from one read hot turbo to another will likely see the water boil at the second turbo meaning it is completely pointless and will have a negative effect on the entire cooling system

Quick Reply: constant coolant to turbos?