PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Frost 4l80e Swap Harness Tuning Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Frost 4l80e Swap Harness Tuning Question

I am about to put my 4l80e in this weekend and I was wondering, will I need to purchase a credit to delete the codes that are suppose to pop up? Also, it is said to "Max out Trans Component Diagnostic Enable Temp in Trans Diag Tab", I'm sure I will have to purchase a credit for this, but is it a necessity for normal driving until I can go back to my tuner to retune for the transmission?
Thanks!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:22 AM
11 Second Club

Anyone?
Old 10-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use this information at your own risk. I am not responsible for any errors or omissions.

Yes, it is absolutely necessary to max out the TCC Slip Diagnostic Enable Temp, otherwise, the TCC Slip test will run and sense slip and pull power. I'm going through this right now. You need to purchase an HP Tuners credit to disable this check by maxing out the enable temp (493*) and setting disable temp to -40*. Here is a screenshot of what these 2 temps should look like.

After that, you'll get a P0700 code, which you can disable via HP Tuners or EFI Live.

You also have to do this through EFI LIve: "In EFILive can you modify the {P0717} Input Speed Sensor Circuit Low Voltage to Disable. This should allow the shift speed, pressure, etc to affect the shift again while retaining the fueling requested"

Use this information at your own risk. I am not responsible for any errors or omissions.

Last edited by jd_ss; 10-02-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by mesterious
I am about to put my 4l80e in this weekend and I was wondering, will I need to purchase a credit to delete the codes that are suppose to pop up? Also, it is said to "Max out Trans Component Diagnostic Enable Temp in Trans Diag Tab", I'm sure I will have to purchase a credit for this, but is it a necessity for normal driving until I can go back to my tuner to retune for the transmission?
Thanks!
Yes it is. If you've already licensed your car then you don't need any additional credits though, that's the beauty of this harness, no segment swaps/different OSs.

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Custom Camshafts & Valvetrain - Remote HPtuners Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Old 10-04-2013, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Alvin@PCMofNC
Yes it is. If you've already licensed your car then you don't need any additional credits though, that's the beauty of this harness, no segment swaps/different OSs.
Thanks guys! I just got it done! I'm gonna go to get that maxed ASAP!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jd_ss
Use this information at your own risk. I am not responsible for any errors or omissions. Yes, it is absolutely necessary to max out the TCC Slip Diagnostic Enable Temp, otherwise, the TCC Slip test will run and sense slip and pull power. I'm going through this right now. You need to purchase an HP Tuners credit to disable this check by maxing out the enable temp (493*) and setting disable temp to -40*. Here is a screenshot of what these 2 temps should look like. After that, you'll get a P0700 code, which you can disable via HP Tuners or EFI Live. You also have to do this through EFI LIve: "In EFILive can you modify the {P0717} Input Speed Sensor Circuit Low Voltage to Disable. This should allow the shift speed, pressure, etc to affect the shift again while retaining the fueling requested" Use this information at your own risk. I am not responsible for any errors or omissions.
damn man that's awesome info! Thanks! Hopefully I can just get the guy I have a credit with already to do that. I won't be racing any time soon anyway. Still breakin in a new set up.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

Ok I need some quick replies if possible. Other than maxing the temp out and shift points what else do I or should I change in the tune for the 4l80e? Disable torque management fully?? Line pressure? Shift quickness? Ect..

Quick Reply: Frost 4l80e Swap Harness Tuning Question