Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

effects of a burned plug wire??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 01:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default effects of a burned plug wire??

What would the effects of a burned plug wire be on part throttle runs on a-tap? My friend's vette has been running like *** in general and a-tap was showing bank-1 bouncing lean all over the place during decel it was fine but under heavy load it would go to +25. I found a burned plug wire that was arcing but not sure if that would cause lean. If anything I would think it would cause a rich condition. I checked for vacuum leaks and didn't find any and replaced the O2 on that side and then tonight found the plug wire. Can't drive it until tomorrow but wanted to see what you guys think.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a similar problem where b2 was reading +25, bought new plugs and plug wires, before I knew the #6 plug wire was split so bad that the insulation was coming out and you could see the center wire, I put new o2's but the right side was on a little bit before I found the plug wire so I think my b2s1 is going bad again, I got some of the taylor 10.4mm pro race wires and they are friggin kick ***!

btw, what year is the vette, my z28 is a 98 and I'm noticeing that all these little things are starting to go bad just cause its getting old