Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous w/ my NA setup cause me to loose traction

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous w/ my NA setup cause me to loose traction

Hey Guys hope all is well! First off im new to nitrous have never used it before. List of mods in signature last time i dynoed on dyno jet car produced 460 rwhp and 400 rwtq N/A. im currently putting in a nitrous outlet 102 plate single stage with a nos mini and lingenfelter retard box. planing on spraying 150 shot i will be setting the timer on the nos mini so that it wont come on till im atleast in second gear when the nitrous hits will my tires break loose causing a fishtail im currently running toyo proxies TQ drag radials 275/40R17 if they will break loose what can i do to minimize that? i am also in the middle of replacing my 10 bolt with a Moser 12 bolt 3:73 gears. i was also told i needed to run NGK B8EFS but i see alot of guys on here run the 7's or 6's what do you think?

Thankyou for your time and help
Old 09-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Launching!

First off you really need a bias tire on a 15 inch wheel with more sidewall for the m6. I'd bet it brakes loose in 2nd the way the car is setup now with the radial, but you dont know till you try. Do NOT run the 6's. You might be ok with the 7's, but I would just run the 8's.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Those are fantastic tires but the above advice is spot on. You should run a bias tire for those mods. I run the same size Toyo on the street but 15 inch Hoosier QTP bias tires at the track.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:38 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To minimize that you need a nitrous progressor that ramps out the nitrous, it is made to help with traction issues. You can set it up on a timer and progress it out based in percentages. It is part number 15957 on our website if you want to check it out. PM me if you have any questions.. As a reference, 1 stage cooler spark plug per 100 hp.

-Garrett
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I run that same tire but bigger and can see you potentially having traction issues on the bottle. Never know until you try though!

Quick Reply: Nitrous w/ my NA setup cause me to loose traction