Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch setup for my swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch setup for my swap

Ok guys I need some advice from the veterans on here. Im in the process of doing a stage 3 t56 swap into my trans am, mods are in my signature, and what I need to know is what slave/master cylinder combos yall have had the best results with. I have a factory ls1 slave and master right now but want something better. I have a SPEC 3+ clutch and aluminum billet flywheel on the way and I don't want to spend $350+ for just the master from McLeod so what I would like is a combo that will get the job done without any issues without costing a small fortune. Thanks in advance for advice.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyc1123
Ok guys I need some advice from the veterans on here. Im in the process of doing a stage 3 t56 swap into my trans am, mods are in my signature, and what I need to know is what slave/master cylinder combos yall have had the best results with. I have a factory ls1 slave and master right now but want something better. I have a SPEC 3+ clutch and aluminum billet flywheel on the way and I don't want to spend $350+ for just the master from McLeod so what I would like is a combo that will get the job done without any issues without costing a small fortune. Thanks in advance for advice.
I know of some stout combos out there running stock hydraulics. Aftermarket doesn't seem required. Why don't you think OEM is fine?
Old 09-29-2013, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i run the Ram Master, which is basically an adjustable stock one, with a GM slave and Tick speed bleeder. All basic GM setup with decent replacement parts. there is no reason for anything fancy. As long as you bleed your system properly, and get the correct shim in there (not a fan of Spec but you already bought it) then you will be fine.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our kits are designed to work with the stock hydraulics but we also offer an adjustable version of the OE master as an upgrade. I have listed the info on the parts we offer below. Let me know if you have any further questions.

SC09SC (OE Slave) $105
SC09MC-A (OE based adjustable Master)$175

Quick Reply: Clutch setup for my swap