Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors?

I guess I posted this in the wrong place. Here I go again.

I have a 2000 Camaro aluminum block LS1 5.7 engine with an older LS1 intake manifold (12560688) that I am going to be running with a ecu from PSI and either a stock fuel rail or aftermarket one that accepts stock injectors. My question is, which injectors are best to use for the price? I looked at the oem AC Delco ones but they seemed expensive compared to sets of 8 on ebay and what not. I don't want to trust an off brand since I don't know much about them or used ones unless someone with experience tells me different. Does anything on the ecu flash have to be changes when using other than stock injectors? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Resident

first, what is an ECU from PSI? is it a factory PCM/ECU? Contact Fuel Injector Connection for a price on 8 of some 32# or 36# injectors to leave plenty of room for you.
They have data also for the injectors. If you can't tune the car, then get stock injectors for that year, but I recommend getting it tuned and some larger injectors.

If you change something, yes the computer needs to be tuned/changed.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Yes its a factory flashed pcm. I don't know what they programed as far as injectors but I assume its foe stock oem ones. I assume I can have them flash the pcm for whatever injectors I want prior to them sending it to me.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

can you read this PCM with HPTuners/EFI LIVE, if so you could have someone re-tune it once you have it in the car and running

Quick Reply: Injectors?