Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

FNG checking in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG checking in.

Hello -

I'm bigbasscat, and after having lurked for the last month or so while I was researching 4th gen F bodies and searching for the one I was interested in, I bought my first F body on Friday:

1999 T/A LS1 automatic, 81,000 original. Standard nickel and dime Headlight/window issues, already ordered alum. gear replacements.

The car is very original, no mods, no evidence of mods removed from previous owners, mostly original - Canadian build, first sold in Utah where it seems to have lived for it's first years, which to me explains the low miles.

I've already learned much here from reading the existing threads, and hope I'll be able to contribute to the knowledge base as well.

BTW,as much as I dig cars, fast bikes are my first love - current bike:

'03 Hayabusa, Dynojet V, Smart ATRE (Advance Timing Retard Eliminator) carbon fiber airbox, BMC filter, Race Tech front springs and valving, CRC adjustable levers, galfer rotors, steel lines, full Ti exhaust (full system weighs less than one muffler in the stock system) and regeared 1 in front, two in the rear.

This is what the 'busa replaced, on the last day I rode it, 26 July 2010:

VW Jetta rear ended me, the R1 ended up jammed under the front end and the only thing that stopped him was the bike lifted the front wheels off the ground - no traction, no go -

I walked away.

OK - I'll admit it, I'm a gearhead and I can't give up.

Quick Reply: FNG checking in.