Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Body LSX swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fox Body LSX swap questions

Okay guys first swap I am doing and obviously I have some questions. Nitrous 408 in a 92 coupe, th400 trans w/ transbrake. looking for a driveable 9 sec car while spraying 200-250. Trying to compile a good outline of what i need and have some questions on items I've researched.

Plan to use the AJE K member, mounts, ect.
Real question is going to be on Engine management and fabrication, I know a lot of guys on here have done this so questions are:

Headers: Been looking at the dynatech headers, very cost friendly...But is it worth it to get the hookers?

ECM: Been looking at the holley dominator ECM, Has anyone used this in a swap or have any information on it that would be beneficial? Tuning capabilities, ect?

other than the obvious drive train mods such as trans cross member, drive shaft, and things, is there any major fabrications that need to be done?

Sorry for the lack of grammar. Would appreciate any information at all.
Thanks.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you do not need transmission control, I would look into the plug and play efisource ecu. $1200 for a stand alone with tons of features. Do you plan to tune it yourself?
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sarg
Since you do not need transmission control, I would look into the plug and play efisource ecu. $1200 for a stand alone with tons of features. Do you plan to tune it yourself?
Thank you. And no I do not plan to tune it myself. I have no exerience in tuning. Definately want something simple though so that I can learn a little bit.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Teching In

I see no need for the Holley ECU, my brother-in law is running in the 9sec range with a stock ECM 6.0 with 80mm turbo. It's all about how good your tuner is. The LS platform has one of the most versatile computers made to this date.

I am running a 4L80e in my coupe, tight fit, but once I add my turbo, it will be worth it. Had to make a custom crossmember, no big deal really. AJE makes a crossmember for your app, but it would be easy enough to make one.

Quick Reply: Fox Body LSX swap questions