Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HELP!!! SCS is on the fritz after bushing install

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! SCS is on the fritz after bushing install

So all of my revshift bushings came in and we decided to completely drop the rear cradle to do the install on my 04. Well we discontected the driver rear brakeline at the chassis. after putting everything together and bleeding the system, when driving every so often I feel the rear end jerk hard to the right. happens normally towards the end of a hard acceleration as soon as i come off the gas. This morning i noticed the stability control scre come on at about 57MPH driving in a straight line. I have no idea whats going on here and i really need help
Old 10-10-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Black ***
So all of my revshift bushings came in and we decided to completely drop the rear cradle to do the install on my 04. Well we discontected the driver rear brakeline at the chassis. after putting everything together and bleeding the system, when driving every so often I feel the rear end jerk hard to the right. happens normally towards the end of a hard acceleration as soon as i come off the gas. This morning i noticed the stability control scre come on at about 57MPH driving in a straight line. I have no idea whats going on here and i really need help
Start simple. Did you torque the rear cradle bolts down to spec? I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but it's upwards of 140 ftlb. One set(front or back) is much higher, like 190+ftlb. Did you clean the rotors off with some brake cleaner to remove any oils or brake fluid? How about the sensor wires that plug into the hub, are they clipped in tight?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so today threw on the lift and re-torqued the cradle and bmr anti- wheel hop cross bar. I hosed the the brakes and wheel sensors with brake clean. Re-bled the brakes. Checked all the bolts and nuts I touched. And then I disconnected the battery and pulled the ABS and TCS fuses for 20 minutes. So far so good. My Caddi hasn't tried to kill me yet.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! SCS is on the fritz after bushing install