LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help! help!! help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! help!! help!!!

i been having lt1 problems for the longest time. this time i got a i believe its a 94-96 camaro(its someone else car) and he had the pcm reflash cause someone told him he needed to, so i put it back in the car and theres is no spark at all. replace the coil not the icm yet. distributor looks fairly new, i believe i'm getting voltage to the coil but no spark. im at my wits end with lt1s can anyone give any insight about these motors and spark problem. thanks

oh yea grounds seem to be fine to me
Old 10-25-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ICM is a known problem area on LT1's....I'd look into that first; then the opti. Did the issue just start when he put the retuned PCM in? Maybe the tuner screwed it up (who tuned it?)....a lot of tuners don't know what their doing on our ancient PCM's. Try putting a stock one in to test.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:30 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Look for RPM on your scan tool while cranking it over. No RPM normally indicates distributor issues. They also have issues with the short harness pigtail that connects the main harness to the distributor, passenger side of the engine. Look for voltage toggling high/low at the coil - terminal. Check for 12 volts at the coil + terminal. Pretty much like diagnosing any EFI car for no spark. The high tension coil wires are also a problem. Check for spark right out of the coil.

Quick Reply: help! help!! help!!!