Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 SOM Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 2001 SOM Camaro SS

Year: 2001
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $12950
Mileage: 35000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): OH
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I bought a 2001 Camaro SS a few months ago because I really like those cars. It seemed like a safer and more useful "toy" than my 1991 Corvette (the T tops are far easier to remove than the targa on the Corvette and there's way more room in it). However, I have a pile of money in the Corvette that I'll never get back and I have 3 cars of my own (plus my wife's car) and I'm out of parking spaces, winter is coming and I have a Corvette project to finish. So, it's for sale.

The Good:

2001 Camaro SS
Sunset Orange Metallic (I ALWAYS wanted an SS in this color)
35,xxx miles
T tops
Charcoal leather
Monsoon stereo with CD changer
traction control
3.42 gears
6 speed manual
LS1 V8
Hurst factory shifter
Hooker cat back
PW/PL/PS/Keyless entry
Rear defrost
Steering wheel radio controls
leather wrapped steering wheel
Bilstien shocks installed in the last 4,500 miles
35mm front sway bar
Hellwig adjustable rear 22mm hollow sway bar kit
Spohn Performance strut tower brace
SLP induction lid
K&N filter
Skip shift has been eliminated
lightly tinted windows (professionally done, not limo or anything too dark)
Includes a set of chrome 17x9 ZR1 wheels (not installed)

I did a tune up when I bought it. Plugs, wires, fuel filter, oil change...the usual. The car runs and it sounds great. Interior is in good (or somewhat better) condition. It could use a good cleaning (I bought it and never detailed it). I've been driving it to work on nice days and we'll take the tops out and run around town in the evenings (or we did before it got cold out). I got it running right, added the correct SLP SS floor mats, the induction lid, adjustable rear sway bar kit and I forget what else. The AC blows COLD and it runs extremely well.

The Bad:

It has Corvette turbine wheels on it now. The alignment is completely goofy. The previous owner put some kind of a performance alignment on it and it corded the front tires (inside edge) in 2,400 street miles (I'm assuming a lot of toe out, it's not negative camber). They weren't good to begin with, so it wasn't a big loss. But, it's going to need rubber and an alignment right away. It either needs to be trailered or taken to a local tire shop on the way out of town.

I really missed my 2002 Z28 that I used to win an SCCA autocross championship and I wanted to clone the suspension on that car. That's the eventual plan for this one (though I don't plan to race it, just enjoy driving it). However, I'm finishing up the Corvette project and I won't get to this one for a while so I thought I'd send it to a good home. I'm not dying to sell it, I really like the car and I like having a 4th gen again...but it's a nice car and I thought there might be some interest in it.

I also have the 32mm factory front SS sway bar and the factory rear bar as well.

Located in Columbus, OH.

Email: trackbird (at) gmail dot com
Attached Thumbnails 2001 SOM Camaro SS-camaro-front.jpg   2001 SOM Camaro SS-camaro-rear.jpg   2001 SOM Camaro SS-camarro-interior.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2001 SOM Camaro SS