Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you reuse the stock TC bolts with new coverter

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you reuse the stock TC bolts with new coverter

I have a Vig 3200 that I am going to be putting in soon and I am woundering if I should reuse the stock ones or just get new ones? And if so what is the size of the bolts?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Teching In

you can use the stockers. I believe the spec for them is about 45 or 50lb-ft. I actually had bought some ARP bolts for my swap, but they were to big, so I switched back to the stockers. Funny thing is, I forgot that I was switching back, so I put the stock bolts to 90lb-ft which was the spec for the ARP bolts... So far no problems though. I say save your money, reuse the stockers, and torque them to somewhere between 45 and 75lb-ft... Oh, and be sure to use some thread locker on them. The last thing you want is for them to back out on ya...
Old 05-06-2004, 12:22 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends if you have the allen bolt type bolts or not, if you do you will throw them as far as you can if you can get them off - I probably wouldnt reuse them because they are a pain, not because they cant be reused If you have regular hex bolts I would use them over..

Make sure to thread them into the converter all the way and make sure the stock bolts arent too long.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Staging Lane

Default stock bolts

Your stock bolts will be to long. Call PI and have them send you the right ones. You will be happier in the long run.