Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Maggie Magnuson tvs2300 FAIL!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maggie Magnuson tvs2300 FAIL!

JUst throwing this out here........I have a 2010 Camaro with approx 3100 miles on it. Ive had an annoying slow oil leak for the last 8 months. Of course it has the tvs2300 on it and have been pretty happy with it thus far but this is the first experience I have ever had with their customer service. At the dealership (which is mod friendly), They diagnosed the problem as a defective valley cover allowing a small leak at the rear passenger base of the supercharger/valley. They took the initiative to call Magnuson because this is about the third one they have seen in their shop lately. They were told by the customer service rep that this is a known problem with the early released units and the first ones were billet but the 3rd revision has finally proven to successfully remedy the leak. They agreed to send one out at no charge. It took 5 days to get here and it is in the shop as we speak getting the new valley swapped in. The car is never raced and always babied. I spoke with the customer service people about getting the labor covered under their warranty since they have a known issue that they have obviously had multiple people complain about that required so many revisions to fix the issue. The guy on the phone (wish i could remember his name) told me in a rather snotty voice that it was not covered even though they have had a massive problem with them.......im LIVID! 7 hours of labor at my expense!!!!!!! FAIL Magnuson! Not everybody who buys your stuff has an endless bucket of cash to take care of your mistakes. This is just a warning to those who are considering purchasing this unit or those of you who have one to be on the lookout for the leak!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is pretty crappy service for sure. Edelbrock also had a problem with valley plates on early eforce blowers. They sent me a new one and paid a reasonable amount for labor.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:34 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

7 hours of labor? It took me an hour to remove the blower and send it back to them for the same thing and another hour to reinstall it when it came back. I don't know of many companies that will pay for your labor when it's generally a parts warranty only.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:08 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The problem with paying for labor is that labor rates will vary dramatically from one place to another.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlownHennessey
The car is never raced and always babied.
You have a Camaro with a 2300 on it and you always baby it?

"I Did not inhale"
Old 10-31-2013, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JAX04
You have a Camaro with a 2300 on it and you always baby it?

"I Did not inhale"
it leads a pretty sheltered life!

Quick Reply: Maggie Magnuson tvs2300 FAIL!