Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator relocation: Mustang + 6L flipped manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternator relocation: Mustang + 6L flipped manifolds

Guys, this is my first post but I have been reading and researching for a long time now. I know the alternator issue has been beat to death, but I'm wanting some clarification for my specific application. I'm using a 6L out of an Escalade and it's going in a 2000 Mustang body. I've flipped the manifolds and I need to find the best way to run the alternator (down low) with them flipped.

I am pretty sure I am going to have to bite the bullet and get the AEI kit, but I want to use the truck alternator if at all possible for two reasons, for one, cost, and second for the power output. So, will the AEI kit work with the stock truck alternator?

Does anyone know if there is a better/cheaper route? I am v-banding the stock manifolds, so will they work with an F-Body alternator bracket? What about the BMR kit?

Sorry, I know this has probably been asked and answered, but in my days of searching I haven't found it yet. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:35 PM
9 Second Club

I don't really know what the AEI kit is but I am using a truck alternator with an f-body alt bracket I got for free. All you have to do it cut the one manifold and v-band it. You do not need to v-band the other side though.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Are you using an F-body balancer? I am planning to V-band both sides, though. Could you get me a picture so I can see what kind of angle on the manifold I need?

Quick Reply: Alternator relocation: Mustang + 6L flipped manifolds