Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

p0200 code traced out to grounding issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default p0200 code traced out to grounding issue

I've traced out a problem on my car. I have had an intermittent p0200 code. Which is a injector malfunction circuit fault. Drivers side bank is good. Noid tested and confirmed that it's the side that's running. Passenger side is cold to the touch. It has power going to the injectors on the passenger side. Noid test failed on all injectors. I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the fuel injector harness to see if there's a ground that is on each bank or if I'm missing a ground on the ecm itself. Is there a common ground that the computer uses for both banks? Where does it get it's ground to command the injectors? Is it possible for a ecm to have one bank go bad and not the other? I hope not because I'm sure that hp will stick it in and break it off for the credits I just bought for the computer not to mention the fact that the low life I bought the hp tuners from said it still had 6 credits left and actually had none when I bought it. So basically I'll have a grand into this ordeal if the computer took a crap. Please help out fellas. I need to get 250 more miles on her so I can get it dyno-tuned before the snow flies.....more. I'll have to leave her put up not running and no dyno figures for next spring. Thanks in advance. Btw many have posted on this particular code and it is particularly a pain in the butt to trouble shoot. Noone has really ever posted their findings or any input on the matter. There has been some but not enough to cover this issue. I intend to cover this to the end and give my input on a procedure to trouble shoot this the "kiss" way. Thanks again Chris

Quick Reply: p0200 code traced out to grounding issue