Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me choose a ps pump

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a ps pump

I've been having issues with my power steering for a while now. When I got the car it had a reman. one on it, leaked on the alternator until it stopped working, got the alternator rebuilt and put a new reman. on it. About two drives later yhe seal pushed out of the front of the ps pump and made a big mess under the hood. Took it off and pressed the seal back in and drilled and set screwed it in. Haven't had a problem for about 3 months but its had a whine since then. On the way back from the track the other day my power steering would work on and off and there's another leak again......should I go with a new ac delco one or what? Turn one?
Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd get a New not remanufactured one.
There's only about a $15 difference between a new GM ps pump(about $235) and the TurnOne($250), and the TurnOne come with a new reservoir and cap, the GM pump doesn't. FYI, the TurnOne pumps slower and prevent overheating the fluid, and less heat means a longer pump life.

PM sent.

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 11-04-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heey man got the pm and thanks for letting me know so quick. Yeah the remans are junk and then was about to buy a new ac delco one and clicked on info and it still said reman! That why I decided to ask about the turn one ps pump after I seen agearheads video. Looks like ill be going with that one then, thanks a lot.

Quick Reply: Help me choose a ps pump