Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 with a brodex supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 with a brodex supercharger

Hi,

I'm posting this question on behalf of my dad. We're not from America, so finding original American car parts and technical assistance is a bit hard for us. My mechanical knowledge is minimal and his English is awfull. I'm hoping you guys could help us out. We want to put a BRODEX supercharger on our LS1 crate engine. Do i need specific modifications like new pressure springs, or can i just bolt the thing on and drive away with some extra horsepower?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-12-2013, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello, as with any type of forced induction their are some things you would have to upgrade like fuel pump and injectors etc. the motor can stay stock you just shouldn't turn up the boost on it, i'm not sure what else would be needed to run that specific supercharger because i've never heard of it...but as far as the engine goes get a good fuel system on it with a good tune and keep the boost low...you should be fine.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to need a intake manifold for LSX and 6-71 or what ever blower you are using. Blower Drive services sells manifolds and blower drive kits for LS motors. Going to need a fuel system, injectors and pump. Need a way to tune it. Is it going to be EFI or carbureted.

Quick Reply: LS1 with a brodex supercharger