Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car will not start at times?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car will not start at times?

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place for this post. A few months ago my WS6 was not starting at times. At some points when I went to drive it it fired right up all day, but another day is struggled to start at all, but finally started after trying a few more times. I can't seem to pinpoint the problem. At first I thought fuel filter or pump, but wouldn't this be causing it not to start at all? Just wanted to pick your guys' brains about this because I don't know where to start? This is not a daily driver so it hasn't been a real big problem, but I would like to figure it out over the winter while it is parked. Thanks for any help guys!
Old 11-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Like its turns over but just won't start or turn the key and it doesn't do anything/ starter not engaging?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Teching In

It will keep cranking when you turn the key, but it won't fire up. After doing it between a couple or few times depending on the day, it will finally start up.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 AM
Teching In

My car does that same thing it doesn't really struggle to start its like it just doesn't fire off you know. I am 90% sure my fuel pump is going out though.I do notice that if I push the gas peddle a little when cranking itll fire right up.

I would check your plugs and fuel pressure if I were you. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in to help.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

most likely the fuel pump, try cycling the key about 3 times then turn it all the way to start

my truck does this due to a faulty check valve allowing the rail to bleed off pressure from the pump priming itself to start, eventually it catches and will fire then the pump is commanded to stay running so it's no longer a problem

Quick Reply: Car will not start at times?