Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Got a deal!! Now I need input!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a deal!! Now I need input!

So I scored a great deal the other day. Bought a complete lm7, with all wiring and everything except for the starter and alternator. ~150, XXX miles. Came with an engine stand, big Stanley tool kit, tow strap, crates, and a $100 gift card to Jegs. The guy even drove it nearly 2 hours to my house. All for $700!!!!

Now, I plan on going turbo, but it'll be awhile before I do, so I wanna build up the motor while it's already on the stand. Goals are 700whp, single turbo, and meth/water injection. Gonna be a street car. Plan on throwing in a MWC "9 and a Tick stage 3 t56 rebuild.

The motor is an '04 and came out of a van. It has 862 heads on it. So far I plan on:
-ls9 head gasket
-ARP studs, rods, bolts
-F body accessories
-Decent cam till I get a tick cam when going turbo
-Forged internals

I need advice or recommendations of what else I should get? And recommendations on who's got the best parts, stuff like that. Any help, advice and critique is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 11-15-2013, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

And the car is a 94 TA. I know I'm probably gonna need a different harness?
Old 11-15-2013, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your gonna use a stock computer I would use a psi harness . They're very nice and easy to install and pretty good price on em.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:13 PM
Launching!

If the stock harness in the car isn't in too rough of shape you could always repin it to work with the newer ECM (assuming it's not drive by wire). But if it's like most 20 year old automotive harnesses it might not be a bad idea to replace it with a new one.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

I wasn't sure if I should buy a new one from someone like PSI or just get one out of an ls f-body and redo it. I'm not real good with wiring, so I was gonna have my buddy help me with it.

Quick Reply: Got a deal!! Now I need input!