Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie to nitrous have some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default newbie to nitrous have some questions!

so im planning to spray a nitrous outlet wet plate kit. around 175 shot to my 383 ls. my combo has 11.6 to 1 compression. right now im running tr6 plugs. you think i shuld run tr7s? right now my fuel system is a ractronix pump with hotwire kit, 42# and fast rails.

also can someone please explain how the dedicated fuel systems work? and if it would benefit me running this
Old 11-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SStressin
so im planning to spray a nitrous outlet wet plate kit. around 175 shot to my 383 ls. my combo has 11.6 to 1 compression. right now im running tr6 plugs. you think i shuld run tr7s? right now my fuel system is a ractronix pump with hotwire kit, 42# and fast rails.

also can someone please explain how the dedicated fuel systems work? and if it would benefit me running this
You need a Cold Plug with a recessed tip. Go with the NGK BR7EF part number 3346. Many others will chime in and recommend this same plug.

As for a dedicated fuel system, I'd recommend the Nitrous Outlet Stand Alone. Pretty much you wire it up so when you arm your nitrous, the fuel pump in the stand alone is activated which then supplies fuel to the Fuel Solenoid. Once you actually "spray" then the fuel has already reached operating pressure.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

All good info in the post above. One additional benefit to the stand alone fuel cell is that you can add race gas for enrichment. As far as plugs, depending on how much power you are making on motor, compression,etc. you may need to be on a B8EFS plug for the 175 shot.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If im making approximate 500 at the wheels off the bottle i would be makimg aroumd 675 on it. What should i expect my torque numbers to be? Trying to figure out if i will bee needing to get a even better clutch depending on tq numbers

Quick Reply: newbie to nitrous have some questions!