Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

200 shot set up

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 200 shot set up

Hi I have an m6 99 camaro ls1 stoke bottom end and a 80 mm t/b and hooker long tube headers and stoke heads 241 . Ls6 intake .42ib injectores ms4 cam with all suportings . Dynoed at 400 whp on dyno dynamix . Planing to shoot 200 on c16 fuel . Nitrouse kit includes a 78 plate system from nitrouse outlet and a fues box type stand alone tank , NX progressive controler and a fuel pressure safty switch. Purge system bottle heater with a bottle pressure gauge. Now my question how long can my stoke bottom end last . On thos much nitrouse . Cause I'v been told that stoke bottom can only withstand 125 max .. what precautions should I take when shooting this much nitrouse . Any figures of how much should I tourque my intake manifold . And when I shoot a 200 shot am I expecting exact 200 hp gain .and what are the best plugs that I can use for this set up . Note I'll be tuning this car on the juice.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

This is one of those things where having the right tune and proper accessories will determine the outcome. A 200 shot on top of your mods is pushing it on the stock setup, but it can be done
Old 11-24-2013, 04:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
This is one of those things where having the right tune and proper accessories will determine the outcome. A 200 shot on top of your mods is pushing it on the stock setup, but it can be done

Yeah ur right . Thats why am tuning this set up. On c16 fuel . Cause where am from we only have nasty 93 octane fuel . I don't mind blowing this engine . Cause this car is a test car only. But if it does work then am planing on the same set up for my trans am with an lsx 454 except with more juice .
Old 11-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Teching In

I sprayed my stock 5.3 for 2 years 275 lol. The timing needs to be right and the fueling has to be perfect, plug reading is mandatory. It'll last a long time if the tunes right, my fueling was just a tad rich one time and I blew a new week old ls6 intake to a million pieces. Lol but it was because I got called out and didn't have tuning time. With a good tune up and atleast br7ef plugs maybe even a br8ef it'll be fine

Quick Reply: 200 shot set up