Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical gremlins playing with my locks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical gremlins playing with my locks

Hello all, long time ready here and my issue if finally bugged me enough to ask the experts here. From day one the cars radio would shut off and on randomly, seemed more prone to do that when I went over a bump, and the locks will continuously try to lock themselves when I use the key fob, so much to the point I have to use my key to force it to stay unlocked and open it with my other hand, I dont mind that so much but when I'm at a light or use the breaks it goes crazy again and keeps relocking. I did fix the radio issue when I pulled the body control module (using the advise of people on this site) out and have a local computer shop re solder a broken solder, I think maybe I missed a broken solder that is controlling the locks as well? Anyone ever have this happen to them?
It is a 99 z28 m6 174xxx and never givin me a problem just the lock issue now. Its completely stock except Lid, subframes and strut tower brace.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...e-repairs-102/
Old 12-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you, idk how I missed that, bookmarked now

Quick Reply: electrical gremlins playing with my locks