Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT1 Fbody to LS Swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Fbody to LS Swap

Im sure its been done quite a few times, but i kinda just want to keep track of any progress i make here too. I'm looking for a general list of what i would need to replace my lt1 with the much more easily modifiable ls motor. I assume that this is one of the easier swaps since f bodies actually came with ls1s. From what i gather from searching, i'll need:

-LS1 f body front k member (will probably use a used stock one)
-whichever ls block i decide to go with
-ls1 f body wiring harness (will an ls1 harness work on lt1 stylee gauges? I have a 97 so i have the newer interior)
-ls1 f body t56 (apparently theyre different than lt1 t56? Or i may even consider an auto swap)
-ls1 headers
-ls1 fbody driveshaft

Anything else i'll need? Btw, im not building a racecar, just a fun street car. Theres nothing wrong with my lt1, its cammed and makes decent power, but lets face it, we all smile a bit when we see an ls swapped lt1 car.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kmember and rack are the two big things, harness is obvious. Not sure about gauges though. That's a good question. Yes the t56 is different for both but the xmember should be same. I have a driveshaft for one so when ya ready, pm me. Ls1 brakes are bigger and better, if you wanted a lil more stopping power too. Should be a straight forward swap IMO though. GL
Old 12-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok cool i didnt think about the steering rack. I'll add this to my list. i'll probably just get a k member hub to hub with all the suspension and brakes with it.

Quick Reply: LT1 Fbody to LS Swap