Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

l76 help from australia!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default l76 help from australia!

hey guys know one down here knows what the **** they are doing with L76's

i picked up an L76 dirt cheap with the usual worn out cam, which im replacing with an AFM deletion kit.

im not sure of the powertrain combinations in the states but here they usually have a 6L80E behind them

what im wondering is if i can just use a good old 4L60E (with the larger converter) straight onto the back?

THEN.. im stuck with the programming side, when vats is being removed will the tuner be able to get the TCM to talk to the ECM, will my trans work at all??

the last vehicle even close in australia ran the L76 with the DOD disabled with a 4l60e behind it so im pretty sure shes ok.. thoughts please?
Old 01-02-2014, 04:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keesh
hey guys know one down here knows what the **** they are doing with L76's

i picked up an L76 dirt cheap with the usual worn out cam, which im replacing with an AFM deletion kit.

im not sure of the powertrain combinations in the states but here they usually have a 6L80E behind them

what im wondering is if i can just use a good old 4L60E (with the larger converter) straight onto the back?

THEN.. im stuck with the programming side, when vats is being removed will the tuner be able to get the TCM to talk to the ECM, will my trans work at all??

the last vehicle even close in australia ran the L76 with the DOD disabled with a 4l60e behind it so im pretty sure shes ok.. thoughts please?
ultimate conversion wiring or lsxworks.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:49 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Should be fine. Ditching the AFM and VVT simplifies things. Get a factory file from whatever you can that matches your combo if and whenever possible. 2011 GM trucks came 4.8L VVT with 4L60 as well as another option for a base tune.

Quick Reply: l76 help from australia!