Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Surging at light acceleration in park or gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surging at light acceleration in park or gear

I have a carb setup on an older LS1.. Just slapped it into my C10 with a th350, and it surges at about 2-2500 rpm. Not sure what can be causing this.. I disconnect 1 set of coils at a time from the harness and it accelerates fine.. I connect both sets of coils and it surges. Any ideas?? I have a new fuel filter, fuel pump, and new carb... Please help
Old 01-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Also I have the Edelbrock ignition box.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Most likely in the carb tune. That RPM range is about the point where the carb main jets take over from the intermediate circuit. Might need an air bleed adjustment. I don't suppose you have a wide band and can tell what the fuel mixture is doing when it surges?

Also make sure you have a MAP sensor hooked up. If not the stupid box will always put in max vac advance. Probably not the cause of your surging problem, but thought I would throw that out there in case you weren't aware of it.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Most likely in the carb tune. That RPM range is about the point where the carb main jets take over from the intermediate circuit. Might need an air bleed adjustment. I don't suppose you have a wide band and can tell what the fuel mixture is doing when it surges?

Also make sure you have a MAP sensor hooked up. If not the stupid box will always put in max vac advance. Probably not the cause of your surging problem, but thought I would throw that out there in case you weren't aware of it.

dont have a wide band.. I do have the map sensor hooked up. I will try the air bleeds now

Quick Reply: Surging at light acceleration in park or gear