Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LS7, Revshift MM, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7, Revshift MM, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Review

I had a thread about installing a LS Clutch and Revshift mounts. https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...ff-mounts.html (thanks to everyone for their help)

After all the problems with my clutch install and putting about 3000 miles since, the clutch is working perfect. I had to bleed it a couple of times the first 2 weeks (used the foot method) and it was smelling like it was burning in reverse but now everything is great. I have the lightweight flywheel and it wraps out pretty nicely, I took out my w4me tune ecu so I'm using the stock with skip shift and the flywheel makes driving a little more difficult. The clutch was engaging low but now it is up high. Petal feels stock and grabs hard. I still have a little bit of chatter, but nothing close to what it was like. I would recommend it to everyone. (tick bleeder is a must buy)

I wasn't sure of my mounts so I was going to change them while doing the clutch. I had clunk and just wasn't sure where it was coming from. So when I was replacing my mounts I realized I had the UUC MM/tranns. I was a little pissed so I just decided to change them out for the revshift because of peoples praise. I had the uuc trans mount also which is solid I believe so I still have the revshift insert in the bag. I can say I noticed little to no difference and if I wasn't lazy I would take out the revshift and put my perfect uuc mounts back in. They were perfect. I will probably end up selling the uuc mounts and revshift insert in the classifieds. The revshift mounts seem great and the motor holds nice, not sure what else I can say. Cheap and worth it, both the uuc and revshift are great mounts. the revshift are a lot taller.

After the clutch install I replaced my front hubs, tie rod ends, bought the Pilot Super Sports and then got a 4 wheel alignment. All I can say is wow, the tires are awesome and just grip. I had a set of V12s and the PSS blow them out of the water. I drove from Seattle to Bellingham which is about 250-300 round trip in pouring rain with no hydroplaning. I have been driving my car in the seattle winter with zero problems (rain) no review in the ice. I have my awd Sierra Denali for that. The tires are chunkier than the V12s also so took me a minute to get use to them, but the tread looks great.

I had a thread about my car cutting out, turned out to be the temp sensor haha, I cut a whole in my floor and replaced the fuel pump for nothing https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...fuel-pump.html

Anyways kind of long and a good rant, but thanks to everyone for all their posts/help/info. My 04 is running great
Old 01-19-2014, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A slightly different tire but I've been real happy with my PS A/3 tires. you're not kidding on the chunkier part. I even did 255/45 all the way around and I love them but they are larger than advertised I believe. I think the car looks and performs awesome with that size tire though.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pilot Super Sports

I put the Pilot Super Sports on my '05 a few months ago. It is definitely a summer tire, but it performs extremely well. I expected the grip and response to be very good and it is. What surprised me is how smooth and quiet these tires are. Tire drone really bugs me and these are silent. They feel like a luxury/touring tire until you push the car. I drive a lot of twisty mountain roads and often exceed 1 g on the car's g meter. These tires stick really well and have a gradual, predictable break away. I am totally OCD about tires and have been extremely well satisfied with the Pilot Super Sport.

Quick Reply: LS7, Revshift MM, Michelin Pilot Super Sport Review