Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions for those that built their own duals

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions for those that built their own duals

Here's my plan. I want to put together a set of duals and come all the way out the back with bullet mufflers. It's just in the planning stage right now. I want to v band it in a couple places to make the system easily removable.

What I'd like to know
1: I want to use an x pipe. I'd like to place it where my tq arm mount drops down for the exhaust. I have a chassis mounted tq arm. Does the placement of the x pipe effect the performance of the exhaust? Should it be more centered under the car? Farther forward?

2: I'm on the fence about a 2.5" or 3" setup. Typically can the 3" clear over the axle with a pan hard relocation kit?

3: how much Clarence did you need between the body and exhaust to prevent rattling off the floor. I'm just going to put hangers wherever it seems to need them but I'd like to tuck it as tight as possible. Ground clearance isn't much of an issue.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd personally put the x between the body and the body mount if possible. It will be tight with 2.5 but it will work. I chose 2.5 for clearance sake and it WAS perfect til it got moved during the welding.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

You want put the X pipe a close to the motor as possible, to get maxmin benefit. I would go 3" but you will need the panhard relocation bar. Clearance should be 1/2" , if you can get a finger between components you are good to go. Keep it high and tight , good luck.

Quick Reply: Questions for those that built their own duals