Sponsored by:

02 SS Fuel Pressure adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 02 SS Fuel Pressure adjustment

Hi Folks,
Important information; 02 SS, M6 with SLP LT Headers & Cats, SLP 36 lbs injectors, LS6 Ported heads, LS6 cam, and port MAF. I now have HP Tuners package. I have adjusted the injectors using HP Tuners and read other people's posting - I think I did it right. The new injectors have to run at 44 lbs and not 58 lbs. My question is this, when I adjusted the injectors did I also lower the fuel pressure? If I did not lower the fuel Pressure, how do that? Fuel Injector scaler????
Thanks
Bill
Old 05-11-2004, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe there is a way to change the fuel pressure... I don't think there's a regulator on our cars...

Also I don't think that your new injectors MUST run a 3 bar (44psi) ... they should be able to run fine at 4 bar (58 psi) ...

When you adjusted the IFR (Injector Flow Rate) tables you are adjusting the period of time the injectors are open... so an injector runing at 4 bar stays open for less time than one runnig at 3 bar but delivers the same volume of fuel.

(also there's no way to lower fuel pressure through the PCM... )

Example... I have FMS 42lb injectors in my car ... they are 42lb at 3 bar (44psi) but since I'm running at 62psi or about (walbro fuel pump) my injectors are capable of delivering much more than 42lbs per hour ... but they still work fine... it's just a matter of the injector scaling...