Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

EFI pump on carb setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EFI pump on carb setup?

Just wondering if this is possible. I have a 5.3 with cam intake long tubes carb and nitrous I'm planning to put in a mustang. I already have two bosch 044 pumps and was wondering if I could use one of them on this? I'm assuming I would just need to regulate the pressure down to a safe pressure for carb operation and run a return line back to the tank? Any input is appreciated.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way too much pressure to regulate down. You will need a new pump.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.3mustang
Just wondering if this is possible. I have a 5.3 with cam intake long tubes carb and nitrous I'm planning to put in a mustang. I already have two bosch 044 pumps and was wondering if I could use one of them on this? I'm assuming I would just need to regulate the pressure down to a safe pressure for carb operation and run a return line back to the tank? Any input is appreciated.
Depends on the regulator. There are some out there that can reduce an EFI pump's pressure down to carb pressure levels.

Originally Posted by fasttimes1
Way too much pressure to regulate down. You will need a new pump.
How much pressure does an EFI pump (or any pump for that matter) put out when the pump outlet hose is loose in a bucket? Pretty much zero. Regulating an EFI pump depends on how much volume your regulator can return to the tank...

Quick Reply: EFI pump on carb setup?