Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Issues with Sikky oil pan / pbm eccentric bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 02:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with Sikky oil pan / pbm eccentric bushings

Running a 99 corvette ls motor in my 1996 S14 240sx and have the Sikky swap kit and I just bought and installed Powered By Max eccentric rack bushings and the oil pan rests on the steering rack! Before installing the pbm bushings I only had maybe an 1/8" of clearance and I figured I'd run into this problem anyways....called Sikky and PBM and neither said they had heard of this complication...I find that very hard to believe!!! one of them was so dumb that they even implied.."why does it matter,the rack doesn't move.".....and I simply stated "No ****! But my motor does!!!" and I don't want it to crack or rub through my aluminum oil pan!!! Then he responded..."oh yeah??" so much for the smart guys working there!. They said just try it and I did and I got the issue I thought was gonna happen!! Anyone had this problem before and how did you resolve it? I'm thinking about going and getting some 2-1/2" solid round aluminum cut to 1/4" thick and putting it between my engine mount and subframe to give me clearance so my motor doesn't rub,crack or hit my steering rack when I really put my foot in the throttle! Any ideas or suggestions if this is the best way to resolve this issue ?? I'm up for ideas...

Quick Reply: Issues with Sikky oil pan / pbm eccentric bushings