Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rossler 4l80e Trans Brake question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rossler 4l80e Trans Brake question...

I've been trying to get ahold of my trans builder, but am not having luck...and it's getting near the weekend, so I'm kinda under the gun for an answer on this. I'm trying to complete all wiring tomorrow.

I'll be sending my 4l80e back next week to have a Rossler trans brake installed. I'm also nearing the end of a complete "wire tuck" job under the hood of my shop racecar, and want to make sure that I'm leaving provisions for any needed wiring for the trans brake inside the newly re-worked harness.

What I need to know, is what gauge (and how many) wires to run for the trans brake. Anyone know?

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I would run 2 14 ga wires.

You should only need one, but if you decide to use a bump box later on, you will need to run it on the ground side.
14 ga is plenty big enough but he uses two solenoids so that's a safe size to use to power both.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
I would run 2 14 ga wires.

You should only need one, but if you decide to use a bump box later on, you will need to run it on the ground side.
14 ga is plenty big enough but he uses two solenoids so that's a safe size to use to power both.
Jake,

Thanks soooooo much!

I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to finish the harness tomorrow, but no problem now. If there was a way to email you a beer, I'd be sending a case your way....

Quick Reply: Rossler 4l80e Trans Brake question...