Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New Monster clutch slipped and pedal stuck to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default New Monster clutch slipped and pedal stuck to the floor

I put a new 11" Monster ceramic race clutch in my Trans Am roughly 600 miles ago. I did the break in procedure correctly and everything. Well last night was the first time I really ran the car any. The clutch had held great until last night when the pedal stuck to the floor for a second on a 2-3 shift. Well it done it a few more times and on the last one the clutch actually slipped and I could smell it. So I stopped getting on the car for a few minutes and just before I got home I tried it again and the clutch held. What exactly could be the problem? I just hope I haven't ruined it. I do have a tick master. Is it possible the master is adjusted out to much and over extending the pressure plate causing it to lock disengaged for a second? I'm really clueless as to what happened. The clutch is brand new and so is the slave.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your hydraulics are at fault. Not the clutch. Unless the hydraulics got fluid on the clutch.

It is possible to overextend the slave.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

What would have caused the slip?
Old 02-22-2014, 01:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
What would have caused the slip?
the hydraulics not reacting fast enough to engage the clutch. If not the MC (Tick is supposed to resolve issues like this) it could be your slave is tired. Try bleeding the hydraulics, fresh fluid does wonders.

You may have "glazed" the disc if it slipped escessively. I don't know how "ceramic" disc material gets when glazed so contact Monster and ask what could be done if that happened. I know organic discs can recover after they cool off. Kevlar disc material glazes easily when glutch is slipped. You can go beat on those to restore them if the glazing is not to severe to bring them back

Quick Reply: New Monster clutch slipped and pedal stuck to the floor