Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous 5.3

how well do ls6 stage 2.5 heads work with nitrous? and whats something I should be aware of when it comes to preparing the internals on a 5.3? the kit I want is 75-125 shot, thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Nothing to worry about with those heads and that shot size. Couple important things to research. Colder non projected spark plugs should be used. Pull some timing. Start off slow and tune up to your desired power level.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bmeyer40
Nothing to worry about with those heads and that shot size. Couple important things to research. Colder non projected spark plugs should be used. Pull some timing. Start off slow and tune up to your desired power level.
sweet thanks, im guessing that moving to a colder plug will prevent spark knock? and I was going to start off with the smallest shot first, the kit im running is a zex wet kit and just some more enough im running 4.8 pistons, stock crank, and rods and a ls6 intake manifold. now one more question what about fuel injectors, I know the ls6 injectors are I think 26# an hours I just didn't know if I could use the 5.3 injectors or upgrade to larger ones.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

If you run a wet nitrous kit you do not need to worry about fuel injectors as long as your motor is running out of fuel NA. Make sure your pump can handle the demand. The colder plug help reduce plug heat. Hot plugs will turn into torches on pistons.

Quick Reply: nitrous 5.3