Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Fidanza Short Shifter????

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fidanza Short Shifter????

Looking for a short shifter that wont break the bank and most people agree that fast 5.0, MGW, B&M, Hurst are all good. However ws6store sells a "fidanza" short shifter for about half the price of all of those and i cant seem to find hardly any reviews of them online. Do you guys have any experience with this shifter or know anyone who does? What do you guys think. Thanks
Old 02-27-2014, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You get what you pay for! Want the best...MGW
Old 02-28-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
You get what you pay for! Want the best...MGW
Sooo... you've used one?
Old 02-28-2014, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VincesSS
Sooo... you've used one?

No! I 'use' one & have done so since 09. I have tried the street Rip shift & the noisy race Rip shift in friends cars, My car had a Hurst shift in it which was playing up.
Cost wise the Rip shifters were to expensive here in NZ compared to me importing a MGW.
It came with everything needed to do the install & has worked extremely well.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Teching In

So no one has any experience at all with the Fidanza short shifter? Really cannot afford the other shifters at the moment, so i think i might just buy the ws6 short stick and call it a day.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
No! I 'use' one & have done so since 09. I have tried the street Rip shift & the noisy race Rip shift in friends cars, My car had a Hurst shift in it which was playing up.
Cost wise the Rip shifters were to expensive here in NZ compared to me importing a MGW.
It came with everything needed to do the install & has worked extremely well.
Yes we know the MGW works well, plenty of people have them. The thread was about the fidanza shifter though.
Old 01-16-2016, 11:14 AM

Default Fidanza shifter

Hey,
I have the fidanza in my 99 ss my trans got rebuilt and it has about 140,xxx on the clock. Tick master(witch in my opinion.. stock hydraulics are better) as for the The fidanza shifter.. its Awesome, super solid(tight) almost to tight but it does change a touch after some miles, and it has the best price point because your getting a whole new assembly, not just a rod... now it does sit further to the right so much that it rubs the console going into reverse... other then that it feels amazing and a damn good price point ordered from ws6store shifts are some what shorter... i know their are better shifters.. but if all you do is street driving and little abuse its great and gives a better feel...

Quick Reply: Fidanza Short Shifter????