Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help on DTC P0481

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Need some help on DTC P0481

Getting a DTC P0481 Cooling fan 2 control circuit on my Nova, it has a 2002 LS1 w/4L60e. I did the wiring on the harness and don't seen any issue. I just recently got the Nova running. I had this code and another one for the O2 on bank #1 being slow response. I switch that one out for spare and so far that code has not come back.

So.. just need some assistance with the P0481... I had Mark Romans do a Bench tune to get me up and running. Planning on getting together with him soon for a Dyno Tune.

I checked my wiring from the PCM connector to activate both Fans (#1 and #2) by grounding the signal wires to activate the relays. .so.. the wiring of the relays and fan are ok.

I did some of the normal research on the code, but didn't really find anything to help me resolve it.

Does this code need to be adjusted in the PCM programing and setup within the PCM tune ? If so. .I will have to live with it until I get fixed in the Tune ?

But if anyone has any suggestion for now.. or any question on my setup.

thanks

BC
Old 03-03-2014, 09:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

I just did a quick run down of the flow chart in the GM service manual, and since grounding the PCM connector side of the wiring turns the fans on, the wiring seems like it should be good. From the diagnostic aids sounds like it might be a bad connection at either the PCM connector or at the relays themselves. I would check the connections, clear the codes and see if it comes back.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever figure this out..I have a similar issue.

Quick Reply: Need some help on DTC P0481