Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Story,

A4-> m6 swap
Brand new TDP stage 2 t56
Brand new slave from TDP
Diamond stage 2 clutch kit
3 shims given to me by Jason himself for my setup
Brand new gm master line and resevior

I can bleed the system easily using my mighty vac and then bleeding the slave. The pedal pressure is fine but never really feels like it hits the clutch.

I replaced the master with another unit and same results. I have pulled the trans off again and inspected everything and its all in spec.

Messaged Julian at tdp, hoping to hear back. Anyone have suggestions?

The slave feels like it never fully hits the clutch. I posted in the manual section however the rest of the board is dead except Texas section.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe I installed the clutch backwards, can anyone with a diamond chime in? Does the mettalic side face the pressure plate and the carbon side face the flywheel?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
I believe I installed the clutch backwards, can anyone with a diamond chime in? Does the mettalic side face the pressure plate and the carbon side face the flywheel?
Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. The ceramic part goes towards the pressure plate. Its hard to put it in backwards though. My phone is broken right now but I have an appointment with apple tomorrow. As soon as I get it going I will send you a text.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The flat side of disc, where the springs are, goes against flywheel and the side that bulges out faces the pressure plate. Thats from what i remember without having it in my hand. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
Sorry, I forgot to get back to you. The ceramic part goes towards the pressure plate. Its hard to put it in backwards though. My phone is broken right now but I have an appointment with apple tomorrow. As soon as I get it going I will send you a text.
That's the way it is in there now. The black part is facing the pressure plate and the metallic part is facing the flywheel.

If I remember correctly when I installed it the bulging part fit perfectly into the indention in the flywheel, when I looked at a luk clutch today there was no way to fit it in backwards, but I remember the diamond fit both ways.

*edit
Yeah so I googled ceramic clutch and it came up with pictures of the metallic side. D'oh. This is why I shouldn't leave parts in the garage for over two years

Last edited by chrysler kid; 03-18-2014 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Shit

Quick Reply: need advice on my clutch problem