Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

2014 Spring Good Guys AutoX

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Spring Good Guys AutoX

It was cold Sunday morning but I had a great time running the cones! I had both my 2002 Firehawk and my '78 TA out there. My first run in the Firehawk was an 80.7 and my best run was 77.7 and my best run with the TA was an 80.5. Those times were good enough for 4th in the Firehawk and 6th in the TA. The first two cars were dedicated race cars though. The top car was a SCCA race car complete with racing tires and brakes, I think he was running 335/35's. The second car belonged to the TCU automotive racing club. I didn't feel too bad about not running with those guys. The third fastest time was a GT500. In the results they didn't list the times of the TA.

The Firehawk's tires have seen too many TX summers and I was spinning every time I applied power but, I can see where that car would handle much better with some newer and stickier tires. The TA would benefit greatly from some 17-18" wheels and sticky tires, some camber adjustment and being 2" lower to the ground. Around every corner I was rolling the outside front tire and loosing time and gaining distance. It was still a blast.

Here are the results: ( AAS= All American Sunday)

Last edited by gscherer78ta; 03-18-2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: remove personal info

Quick Reply: 2014 Spring Good Guys AutoX