Transmission shop needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission shop needed

Hello,

I'm looking for a transmission shop in the D/FW area (preferably North Dallas area) that can check out a 4L60e for me. It's out of the car and is supposed to be low mileage, but I would like to get it checked out and tested before putting it in my project car.

Anybody have a trans dyno or something to test it?

Thanks
Old 03-18-2014, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your post history sounds like the guy I've been talking to on Craigslist about selling my auto stuff. If so my trans isn't low mileage (128k) but was working fine when I pulled it out last month.

If you're not the same person then I've done business with the transmission shop in Plano when they rebuilt a 4l60 out of my firebird they should be able to look it over for you and just charge you inspection fee for half hour labor
Old 03-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Your post history sounds like the guy I've been talking to on Craigslist about selling my auto stuff. If so my trans isn't low mileage (128k) but was working fine when I pulled it out last month.

If you're not the same person then I've done business with the transmission shop in Plano when they rebuilt a 4l60 out of my firebird they should be able to look it over for you and just charge you inspection fee for half hour labor
No, I'm not the same guy, I've had this one for a couple of years.

The inspection fee route sounds like the way to go.

Thank you.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

No one in North Dallas is trusted sorry.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Depends on your definition of trusted. I wouldn't trust anyone to "build a built 4l60". Now if were just talking an OEM rebuild most transmission shops work on enough trucks and vans to know what they are doing.

In any case Plano transmission has a 3 year 36k mile warranty if you have them rebuild it. I went to eagle transmission once, they hire anyone off the street where as Plano transmission seemed to have very knowledgeable staff
Old 03-18-2014, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
Depends on your definition of trusted. I wouldn't trust anyone to "build a built 4l60". Now if were just talking an OEM rebuild most transmission shops work on enough trucks and vans to know what they are doing.

In any case Plano transmission has a 3 year 36k mile warranty if you have them rebuild it. I went to eagle transmission once, they hire anyone off the street where as Plano transmission seemed to have very knowledgeable staff
This is what I meant.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Staging Lane

Not in North Dallas but Jakes Performance in Sanger, Tx does amazing work and could do it for you. They 100% stand by there work and wont try to sell you anything you dont need.

Quick Reply: Transmission shop needed