Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings from NV

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from NV

Former Airborne Ranger with multiple combat tours, now a retired/disabled vet.

Wanted a 35th anniversary Camaro back in the day when I enlisted in '97, ended up not being in the cards. 17 years later, my awesome wife greenlighted the prospective purchase of a camaro (Only asked since purchase will involve offloading some other vehicles and equipment of ours)

So, I'm here to learn what I can so I can make a prudent purchase, and prudent improvements for performance. Straight line is fine and I have a 1/4 mile track nearby, but I'd like to be able to enjoy mountain twisties as well as possibly get into some mild autocross for fun..

Current stable includes a 85 k5 for offroading (which is on the chopping block to support the prospective camaro purchase) and a LB7 crew cab I purchased new in 04 and has some mild performance upgrades on it for towing as well as surprising imports with.

All said and done, I look forward to learning from you guys as well as hopefully (given I'm a fan of the search button) not asking too many questions that have been rehashed for the 14,000th time.

RLTW!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you for your service sir Welcome and good luck with your build
Old 03-23-2014, 05:39 AM
Teching In

No problem, thanks for supporting my explosives habit

I might add, I'm also pretty derp at times thanks to that which retired me, so you've been forewarned if I F up dates... like 30th anniversary camaros vs 35th, etc

Quick Reply: Greetings from NV