Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lm7 bolt on build, need some cam suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lm7 bolt on build, need some cam suggestions...

My current set up is a 2003 lm7 with stock 706 heads, ls6 intake ls1 cam. Also have longtubes, ls6 intake, ls1 cam and injectors, 3 inch piping all the way back, and a good tune running on 93. With this setup before the longtubes, i made 308rwhp and 323rwtq with manifolds. That is also with the standard 9.5:1 lm7 compression ratio.

For an upgrade, i plan on going with ls2 heads, milled and ported for 10.5:1 compression, as well as a cam. Considering going with a fast 102 intake and tb, but not sure if its worth the $$ over the ls6 intake.

My goal is 400rwhp. Read alot of threads saying that 400rwhp isnt attainable on a 5.3 with no boost. Not sure if this is true or not. So please any cam recommendations would be awesome. The car is somewhat of my daily, but i do have a second car. For a cam i would really like an aggressive idle, with good torque, probably high performance street/strip. Thanks again guys.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can make 400 with the stock LS6 intake. You will make more with say a 92 fast, but it cost quite a bit, so make sure its in the budget of course. You will def need the 90/92 tb as well. That will be a gain over the LS6 and a little below total cost for the 102 as you would also need a new fuel rail and spacers. You will likely need new injectors though, but that is dependent on what your tuning scans show.

As far as camshafts, we can get you exactly what you are looking for. Our custom cams run 385 shipped, which is cheaper than most off shelf cams. We can send the entire valvetrain kit, or just the cam.

Please let us know, or email us at the link in the sig, if we can be of any more help!

Quick Reply: Lm7 bolt on build, need some cam suggestions...