General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

head lights wont turn on

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default head lights wont turn on

Hello I have a quick question my head lights and high beams wont turn on in my 01 z28 everything else works like it should but the lights just went out. I check all the fuses and there is power coming out of the head light switch, but the power is not getting to the connections for my high beams and low beams, what could be the problem or is there anything else I could check?
Old 04-08-2014, 03:24 PM

I believe there is a relay for the headlights but idk where it's at. I'd guess under hood fuse box. Maybe try swapping a relay that is the same as the headlight one, say the fans relay or something to see if they come on. Switch back if it works and go buy a new one. Don't know if that'll help or not but I hope so. Good luck, Keith.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply but I try that already and dint work neither. anyone else??

i was thinking maybe something under my dash like a flasher for the turn lights or hazards?? do the headlights have one? since they come on auto wen it gets dark??
Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 PM

I would say headlight switch then. I know you said you are getting voltage but if you have a spare one laying around try that or grab one from a junk yard maybe. My Ram was doing the same thing and I replaced the dimmer/headlight switch and they work fine now. There is a diode block under the dash somewhere but not sure where. Hope you find it soon. Maybe try your TA switch if they are the same just to verify?
Old 04-08-2014, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

thanks I try that just now but still no go. I don't understand, how could everything else work but not my headlights and high beams??, even my running lights and fog lights works, horn windows etc.. everything works just no low beams and high beams? anything else I could try or has this happen to anybody else??
Old 04-10-2014, 01:51 AM
On The Tree

well I don't really know what happen but after messing with the light switch more, they finally came on. thank you fellas for the help
Old 04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

well guys it looks like my head lights are still giving me problems, some times they come on sometimes they don't, what could it be? also my high beam switch seems to be broken now after messing with it, it wont click on anymore anybody know of a quick fix??

Quick Reply: head lights wont turn on