Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from MI, Looking at WS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from MI, Looking at WS6

Hello all, name's Dusty.

I currently own a Neon SRT-4, and it's time to trade up to a competent platform. I have a strong eye on a WS6, and am here to start my fact-finding.

Is this the place to learn about WS6's? Or are there other means which may turn out better? Perhaps a Facebook group or other site?

I'll first be focusing on understanding:
- Ability to balance road course performance with straight-line performance: when/where do the compromises start to make the balance impossible? (I do both)
- Parts availability / where to find
- Community support, does it still exist in force?

Thank you in advance!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SonicFury
Hello all, name's Dusty.

I currently own a Neon SRT-4, and it's time to trade up to a competent platform. I have a strong eye on a WS6, and am here to start my fact-finding.

Is this the place to learn about WS6's? Or are there other means which may turn out better? Perhaps a Facebook group or other site?
You've come to the right place, welcome!
"Facebook groups" are a joke, don't bother. This forum has literally years and years worth of data, write ups, proven setups, do's and don't do's, etc. You could spend weeks searching and finding valuable information.

I'll first be focusing on understanding:
- Ability to balance road course performance with straight-line performance: when/where do the compromises start to make the balance impossible? (I do both)
Extremely possible, and pretty simple to do.
With these platforms the more you set them up for drag, the worse the handling becomes, however when you set them up for handling you don't loose that much strait-line performance, and its much easier to modify a handling setup from handling mode to drag mode than vise-versa.
Aim for a handling setup (Koni SAs / Strano springs / Strano swaybars / Fays2watts link) for example, and when you go to the dragstrip run slicks and skinnies, and remove the front swaybar.
Stay away from dragshocks like QA1, Afco, Strange, Viking. Stay away from polyurethane bushings in control arms, and ideally run a square tire setup (no staggered for handling). Don't bother with cross-drill rotors unless you like cracking rotors. Don't slam the car, lower is not always better, you need suspension travel, and "stiffer" is not always better either, remember balance!
Search the suspension section and road race section, there is a ton more info but these are the basics.

- Parts availability / where to find
Check to the right side of the forum >>>>>>
Those are sponsors of LS1tech.
The main one you want to focus on are stranoparts.com for the suspension goodies for what you want to do. Just about any other vendor selling engine mods will do just fine.
- Community support, does it still exist in force?
Sure does, look around.

Quick Reply: Hello from MI, Looking at WS6