Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Adding second fuel pump with Racetronix 255 already installed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding second fuel pump with Racetronix 255 already installed.

I'm pulling the rear end out of my car this weekend and while I'm at it I'd like to drop the tank and add a second fuel pump to my fuel system. The car is a 98 with a Racetronix 255 already installed, and I am wondering if I could add another generic Walbro 255 into the tank as per MightyMouse's write up here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/15596815-post65.html

My question is regarding whether or not the Ractronix pump would cause any issues, or if I can just mount the second pump next to it, plumb and wire it, and be good to go. The car has a return style regulator mounted on the factory fuel rail with a new return line running back to the stock return port on the tank. I would be running the usual hobbs switch to activate the second pump under boost.

I am also wondering if anyone has any experience on running these pumps with E85. I haven't been able to find too much info about it other than the pump life might be cut short a bit by E85. Any info that anyone could provide would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

The pump wont care if another pump is bumped up next to it. Rock on
Old 04-18-2014, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a 99+ setup but it should help answer some of your questions. Pump life would be the same as any other walbro in e85.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...cs-schizz.html

Quick Reply: Adding second fuel pump with Racetronix 255 already installed.