Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers too big?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers too big?

I have a set of super comp long tubes which I believe are an 1 7/8" wide. I have heat protective covers on my plug wires but they still tend to burn through. Does anyone have anymore suggestions on how to prevent my wires from constantly being burned.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Are they touching the headers? I have MSD plug wires and you can bend them for clearance between the headers tubes. The headers are not too big though, lots of guys running that primary size including myself with no problems like that. I don't use any covers on them either.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

The MSD wires should help.

I have Doug's swap headers for my car which are 1 3/4" but due to **** poor design the primary tubes come too close to 4 of the plug wires. They are bad enough I have to use MSD wires AND kevlar boots and rotate the boots as they burn.

Worst $600 I have ever spent on my car I think. I would not recommend them to anyone. There were other fitment issues too. Honestly, fbody headers fit Chevelles better than these swap headers.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I have MSD also and bend them out of the way but it doesn't seem to work well enough

Quick Reply: Headers too big?